Tuesday, May 27, 2014

A Tale of Wolves, Moose and Missing Ice

Brought to you by Madi M.


With few wolves left on Isle Royale, the moose population has been growing.

2 comments:

Ally O. said...

I think that this was a really cool, but also sad article. With the moose population booming, the wolves will not be able to survive. They have very little amounts of ice, pollution, and lack of breeding. I think that the number of wolves that we now have left is horrible. The island used to have an abundance of wolves, not an abundance of moose. This article taught me what to appreciate now, because later, maybe in a few generations or so, what we have now could be gone. This is an eye opener and really helps me understand and appreciate what we have now. I would rate this article a 9/10 because it was very clear and thorough job of explaining, but I felt like it could have used a few more pictures to grab attention. On the article, it only had two images.

Sophia said...

This article was very interesting to me because I never knew that the population of wolves on Isle Royale was that endangered. I always thought that wolves weren’t endangered anywhere in the world, and that humans didn’t have to worry about the wolf population. Another thing that interested me in this article was that the genes of the wolves breeding on the Island were getting to common. I have never heard of a situation like this. I really liked that the article was really detailed and explained how the moose population was going to destroy the trees on Isle Royale if the wolves didn’t start reproducing and hunting the moose fast. I would rate this article an 8 out of 10 stars because it had a lot of detail, but it could have been longer and explained if this situation is happening around the world, or in different species too.